Sunday 19 December 2021

The higher the hair...


click to embiggen

It being a gloomy, misty, cold day (and even more depressing than usual in the eerily un-festive "Wood Green Shopping City" on the last Sunday before the Festering Season really takes off) - I felt that some Motown-tinged "Sunday Music" might be in order...

With news earlier this week of the death of the group's original lead singer, the wonderfully-named Wanda LaFaye Young, let's have a little triumvirate of hits from Tamla's very first hit-making girl-band, The Marvelettes!

That's brought a smile to my face...

8 comments:

  1. Oh, yes... wait a minute Mr. Postman... Yes, there's still time to enjoy this festive season. What a sparkler. And so sad to hear about Wanda. Thanks for the lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're practising all the moves! Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! I feel a teeny bit old.(ish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that because you used to have hair like that, Dinah? Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love Mr Postman! Thank you!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. You'll need to get together with Ms Mow, Ms Blue and Mr King to do the routines properly! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]