Friday 24 December 2021

Tank Fly, Boss Walk, Jam Nitty Gritty

And so the Festering Season reaches its denouement, as zillions of people get caught up in the crowded, cramped transport rush-to-get-to-family [or not, given the fact that the utter cunts in the rail unions have chosen to take an extra day's holiday go on strike on mainline routes across the UK on the last day before Xmas], or in the last-minute rush on supermarkets that inevitably greets Xmas Eve. How many masks are in evidence is to be seen.

Me, I prefer to avoid all that and exercise caution where mixing with the great unwashed is concerned - I'll be logging-off early from the benighted laptop and not give another stuff about the whole thing from now on, until the countdown to New Year begins next week...

Meanwhile, we keep everything crossed that the slew of recent research on Omicron gives some hope that things may not be as apocalyptic as originally feared, and that we can indeed have a "Happy New Year"

Referring back to the pic at the head of this post, here's a choon to get us in the mood for a party... Thank Disco Beats International (aka Fatboy Slim) It's Xmas Eve Friday!!

I think she was taught to dance by her Auntie at a wedding reception.

Have a very merry one, dear reader!

Bah, Humbug.

12 comments:

  1. No cramped transport or otherwise for me. We have already hit the gin barrels, and I'm off for five days as the shop will be closed.

    Now just copious amount of drink, some good food and having some lie ins and relaxing...CHeers to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That's exactly how the season should be treated.

      Clink, clink, sweetie!

      Bah Humbug. Jx

      Delete
  2. I had Christmas delivered on Wednesday, thank goodness - no unwashed for me, heavens forfend!
    I like this tune - but yes, odd moves, maybe her shoes were too tight?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't put any Compeed in her bag, silly girl. Jx

      Delete
  3. Fat Boy Slim! Yay. Love it. You know, I really thought Omicron would help wipe out more of the stupidity on this planet... but, I accept it as is... just another annoyance. Stay safe, stay healthy, dear. Thanks for all the entertainment this year. I've so enjoyed this blog. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear! There's plenty more blogging yet to come - next March will be the fifteenth anniversary of these random ramblings, and I have no intention of stopping now... Jx

      PS The more I read/hear about the research into Omicron, the more hopeful I feel for 2022.

      Delete
  4. Like you, I am already "not giv[ing] another stuff" about work/Christmas/people (for four days, anyway), and I'm already on the gin - Yay!

    Merry Christmas/Bah Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We (both) have the "bit in the middle" off, so it's non-stop gin and comestibles through to 2022...

      Wheeeeeeeee! Jx

      PS Happy whatevers.

      Delete
  5. Lets just settle down with loads of food and booze, -
    'Lock The Doors Tight'
    and play some fab tunes like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Friends tell me I am crazy
      That I'm wasting time with you"


      Food, booze, music, chocolate, and repeat...

      Roll back the rug and let's get frugging! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]