Tuesday 11 October 2022

Callin' out around the world - are you ready for a brand new beat?

Sad to hear that another legend, and "cool dude" judging by that photo, departed for Fabulon last week - Ivy Jo Hunter.

Who??!! I hear you ask...

Mr Hunter (aka George) was one of the earliest in-house writers for Motown Records in the 1960s, and here are just a few of his creations:

RIP, Mr Ivy Jo Hunter (28th August 1940 – 6th October 2022)

With him and Lamont Dozier arriving in Fabulon within months of each other, there'll no doubt one helluva party going down!

8 comments:

  1. So much talent. It’s telling to watch these videos and see the entirely white audiences. I’m glad that at least has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That struck me, as well! Shades of Hairspray and "The Corny Collins Show"... Jx

      Delete
  2. I would have guessed Dancin' in the Street was a Holland Dozier Holland number, so I'm glad to learn the truth.

    Muscato, of the late Cafe Muscato blog, once called the Vandellas "The Supremes' slightly feral cousins." heeheeheehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Muscato - he was often soooo right! Jx

      Delete
  3. I love Dancin’ in the Street! Mr Hunter certainly does have cool vibes.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you get a bit muddy dancin' in your street, Ms Scarlet? Jx

      Delete
    2. The way Scarlet tells it, she doesn't HAVE a street-just a muddy track!

      For my money, the David B and Mick Jagger version takes the cake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HasaQvHCv4w

      Delete
    3. Takes the piss, more like. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]