Sunday 30 October 2022

A smile on your face?

On this grey and gloomy Sunday, with the nights creeping in far too early now that British Summer Time is officially over and the clocks have gone back, I think it's time for another showcase of some of the "newer" choons that have caught my ear of late.

Let's open with something sleazy, shall we? How about a bit of "bump'n'grind", courtesy of Sam Smith and Kim Petras..?

I've always loved the work of master mixer Dave Aude - and here's his latest:

For some bizarre reason Ukrainian pop sensation, the very lovely Max Barskih [see here and here] has just changed his name to "Mick Sunday" - but at least he's producing new music in the midst of all the horror his home nation is suffering. In his own words: "This war brought great changes to my life. Feeling negative emotions and constant stress, you seem to forget about the existence of joy, happiness and love... I hope this music can put a smile on your face and put you in a good mood.” It works!

You just know when you see the name Shapeshifters that you're in for a treat - and with this remake of an old Talking Heads classic, I'm not disappointed!

Finally, how about a sizeable portion of Robbie? Yes please!

As ever, dear reader - let me know your thoughts...

6 comments:

  1. "Motions" by Dave Audé & Zee Machine is very catchy. I think it's my favourite. Even over Robbie & Lufthaus.
    Mick Sunday and the Shapeshifters were okay - kind of background party music (I must admit to not knowing the Talking Heads' original). I don't have much to say about Sam Smith & Kim Petras other than without that video the song/music is forgettable - not my cup of tea/glass of gin.

    So, thank you Jon, Dave Audé put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave Audé always puts a smile on my face! [Click the label at the foot of the post for more of his faboo remixes.]

      I do agree with your observation about the power of the video - there's a helluva lot of stuff out there that if just played as a track on the radio would not have the same effect... Jx

      Delete
  2. Great Frank N. Steen (that was the name of my boss when I worked at Yale and I've never looked at Frankenstein the same). I Feel Blue video has a strong Andy Warhol Factory vibe. Excellent music today (and it's Monday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the selection, Mitch! Jx

      Delete
  3. I will always like Robbie's voice - so I like the last one. I will bop around to most dance tunes, but I'll probably only download a very small selection of them!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a few here to bop around to, Ms Scarlet - even Robbie's one is what they call these days "a banger", M'Lud! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]