Sunday 2 October 2022

The grooviest party

Our gang had a faboo day yesterday at a matinee Music Hall show courtesy of the marvellous Players Theatre Company at that quirkiest of "hidden gems" in the heart of Soho, the Phoenix Arts Club [more of that later, no doubt], followed by drinkies for The History Boy's birthday - so (inevitably) today has been a much more laid-back affair altogether.

I think we deserve another "Ab Fab flashback", courtesy of the remarkable and ever-reliable Soft Tempo Lounge...

Groovy!

[Music: Ole Jennsen & His Music (aka Roger Webb) - Buttoned Up; Film: Maroc 7 (1967)]

8 comments:

  1. Dear god, to think when I was a kid I wanted to BE Gene Barry when he was in Burke’s Law. (He played a millionaire police captain who got driven to crime scenes in his Rolls Silver Cloud.) I hope you all went dressed appropriately soft tempo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked him up on Wikipedia. I've never seen anything Mr Barry was ever in... Jx

      Delete
  2. Leslie Phillips again!!!
    Sx
    Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just looked up the film Maroc 7 - even Lionel Blair's in it!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bizarre cast indeed - Lionel Blair, Denholm Elliott, Angela Douglas from the Carry On films, and... Cyd Charisse?!

      Mr Phillips was one of the film's producers, which my explain his "leading" role. Jx

      Delete
  4. Fab.
    loved the music but there is far to much orange in that posh flat,it's given me a migraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The late 60s and early 70s were very orange. And butterscotch brown. And puce. And lime green. Usually in the same fabric. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]