Monday 22 March 2021

Only going forward 'cause we can't find reverse

Sigh. Just as I was getting into the swing of pottering in the garden, enjoying the Spring air - splat!

Back to reality. Back to work.

Never mind, eh? Just these five days to grit my teeth through, and then I am off for a fortnight for Easter - Yay!

Other causes to celebrate today - Mr William Shatner blows out 90 candles on his cake today [his wig is considerably younger] - and, spookily, it's our blog chum (and Star Trek obsessive) Inexplicable DeVice's birthday as well. Mr IDV looks so dashing in his uniform, n'est-ce pas?

Inevitably, on this Tacky Music Monday there is only one song I could possibly play:

Many happy returns to our two fave Enterprise captains!

Have a good week, dear reader.


Footnote: sharing their birthday today are host of other notables including Marcel Marceau, Stephen Sondheim, Beverley Knight, Roger Whittaker, Karl Malden, George Benson, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Wilfrid Brambell, Susan Sulley of Human League, Reese Witherspoon and Stephanie Mills...

20 comments:

  1. The Monster Maroon is my favourite style of Starfleet uniform - and it looks like it suits me!

    Thank you, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, dear. I am happy it didn't turn out too much like one of Hannibal Lecter's "disguises"...

      Have a fab day and a great week (in the garden?)! Jx

      Delete
    2. OMG you've been blessed by the Trekverse! Imagine it - you and The Shat have the same birthday? My Captain and you? OMG I need your autograph! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Ha ha! Thank you, Ms Nations!

      Although, The Shat is lucky to share his birthday with ME!

      Delete
  2. Oooo, now I want to see Mr. DeVice in all SORTS of costumes. Make it happen, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think this is? Mattel's "Barbie and Ken Cut-out and Keep book 1962"? Jx

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... I don't like where this is going...

      Delete
    3. With the Very Mistress let loose on Photoshop, who knows? Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I have gone giddy at the sight of Mr Devine in his uniform! I agree with The Mistress - let's dress him up in some more fun stuff - at least once a week.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor IDV - when you paste his mush onto Boris Johnson or Susan Boyle's body... Jx

      Delete
    2. See?! This is exactly what I was concerned about!

      Delete
    3. It could be interesting... Jx

      Delete
  4. You go back to work for a week, and then you get to take a month-long holiday? WTF NO FAIR!!! (But heaven smiles on all your works and may your vacay be filled with cabana boys and high-test olive oil. And gin.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took two pre-booked weeks off at the beginning of February that we would have normally spent in Spain had we not been in the middle of this pandemic shitfest. Now I'm going to be off for another two weeks; it was originally planned to be a few days off to just use up the rest of the leave that I would have possibly lost because we can't carry it forward, but in the end I booked a bit more - because with the Easter break in the middle of it, the extra days won't eat much out of the next leave (financial) year's allocation...

      Thankfully all the forecasts are that we are actually in "Spring proper", so we fully intend to be out in the garden (or else garden centres) for most of it! Jx

      Delete

  5. Oh I do love a man in Uniform !
    Happy Birthday Mr. DeVice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're very good, he'll let you have a go on his phaser! Jx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Madam, A!

      Be careful with my phaser, though. It's not always set to stun...

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]