Monday 3 April 2023

Any way the wind blows in


Bastard Monday again!

Another weekend gone at the speed of light - but at least this will be a short week, with the Easter weekend (and a whole week's annual leave thereafter) on its way. It's also "Doris Day Day" today, and that's always worth celebrating!

She may share a birthday with a panoply of "names" such as Marlon Brando, Jennifer Paterson, "Gentleman Jack" Anne Lister, Alec Baldwin, A. C. Grayling, Leslie Howard, Mistinguett, Eddie Murphy, David Hyde Pierce, Jane Goodall, Dooley Wilson, Tony Benn, Marsha Mason, Miguel Bosé, Nigel Farage, Helmut Kohl, Tony Orlando, Leona Lewis and the very lovely Matthew Goode, but there is only one Doris Day!

On This Tacky Music Monday, here's a couple of rather less-than-familiar songs of hers...

Doris Day (born Doris Mary Kappelhoff, 3rd April 1922 – 13th May 2019)

Have a good week, dear reader.

12 comments:

  1. Great videos. I love the back-ups and rhythms of the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, isn't it? Whoever would have thought I could ever discover something new from the lovely Doris? Yet I had never heard either song before. Jx

      Delete
  2. When I read the title I prepared myself to listen to Bohemian Rhapsody! How wrong could I be??!
    Have a good week, Jon.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little late for April Fools, but... gotcha! Jx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for replacing Chris Rea with Freddie Mercury for me.

      Delete
    3. Doris Day does not have a moustache! Jx

      Delete
  3. I too could not believe Monday had the nerve to show its face. I had such a productive weekend out in the garden, I wouldn't have mind one more day. And our temperatures are supposed to go to the mid to high seventies this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have minded another day in the garden, either - it's lovely and sunny again. Unfortunately, our temperatures remain in the 50s Fahrenheit, and chilly overnight. Dammit! Jx

      Delete
  4. Every day should be a Doris day !

    Was that Dawn French on the left in the first video ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was - and that wasn't Doris, it was Jennifer Saunders. 🤣 Jx

      Delete
  5. Lauren Christie has a lovely song called Anywhere The Wind Blows. It was done for the soundtrack of some Gwynith Paltrow movie (remember when she used to act?) Well, that's what SHE called it... Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea who Lauren Christie is.

      I vaguely remember Gwyneth being OK in Shakespeare In Love, but she was shit in the Avengers films. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]