Wednesday 5 April 2023

What is this I'm feeling?


Could an orange maniac finally be facing justice?

It's the middle of a short week, and I am going to spend the day closing down shit and preparing my handover for my well-earned extended Easter break [I'm off all next week], as I have loads of meetings tomorrow.

The weather's been quite fab, there's a "gathering of the clans Film Club" on Saturday, and much plant shopping (particularly fuchsias) to look forward to when I bugger off to Essex with Baby Steve and Houseboy Alex afterwards. Just two more days to go!

Meanwhile, it happens to be [the peculiar-looking] Pharrell Williams' 50th birthday today, so how about a little midweek joy?

We've come too far
To give up who we are
So let's raise the bar
And our cups to the stars

Indeed.

8 comments:

  1. I think Pharrell Williams would be fun to be up all night with... to get lucky. I hope the Fascist Orange Menace is up all night getting nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great song, but I know little about the man, other than he was in that godawful "rapey" Robin Thicke number Blurred Lines. Jx

      PS Fingers crossed that evil rabble-rouser gets his just desserts!

      Delete
  2. Ack, the video is unavailable for me - it's okay, I remember how it goes!
    Raining again in Devon.
    And yes, I hope Trump gets some kind of comeuppance.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've changed the link. Surprisingly, there is no video on Daft Punk's official Vevo site. No idea why. Jx

      PS Grey here, but no rain so far.

      Delete
  3. I am drearily convinced the indictment against Shrimp will be as much a victory as we are allowed; the powerful are just too frightened of his lunatic cult and most of them agree with him anyway.

    I do love fuchsias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm unfortunately inclined to believe that slippery orange bastard will make political capitol out of all this - such is the state of your nation, more's the pity. Jx

      Delete
  4. Sadly, the case is built without a precedent. It's so weak, it wobbles. If they'd settle for the misdemeanors, case over. But they wanted the drama of a felony. Stupid D.A. Arrogance and ego... it will destroy everything in good time. Kizzes. P.S. Loved that damn daft punk song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea about how things actually work in America. Thankfully. But "arrogance and ego" seems to be the way things "work" everywhere today, it seems. Elon Musk. Putin. Trump.

      Thank heavens for Daft Punk, Nile Rodgers and Pharrell! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]