Saturday 22 April 2023

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

I was pleasantly surprised that despite the dire forecast, it was mostly bright and warm enough to spend a productive day in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, washing more skanky pots, emptying others of dead plants, and potting-on the burgeoning new ones. The only thing that marred it was the sad news of the death of the faboo Barry Humphries/Dame Edna Everage.

Comme d'habitude, it was Radio 2 all day - and here are a couple of stand-out tracks they played!

From Rylan's show, an 80s classic that I have always loved, but (to my chagrin) have never featured here before...

...and from Liza Tarbuck, one that's completely new to me (yet is actually from 2017), Confidence Man - Boyfriend:

Spring's a lovely (if busy) time of year!

10 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss tulips in the garden. Not enough to leave this climate, but still...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought they'd do well in Spain, given they are originally from Turkey! I'd guess they need to be treated as annuals (which we tend to do anyway as they rarely flower well in year #2 in pots) and refrigerated before planting. Jx

      Delete
    2. I hadn't considered the fact that you have them in pots. We used to have them in our gardens. Miniature, naturalizing ones in red/yellow led to our front door. I COULD plant some in pots!

      Delete
    3. Worth a try - found some tips on getting them to grow in hotter climes here. Jx

      Delete
  2. Well done in the garden xxx. Tulips look fab.
    Adore Liza Tarbuck but 'Confidence man - Boyfriend' is age restricted and I can't get it to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tsk - you youngsters!

      Funny - it works for me... Jx

      Delete
  3. Apparently I am too young to listen to the age restricted second Youtube. Fair enough!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dark purple tulips which almost appear black or stunning. I tried to get some of those this year but they were sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may have meant this comment for today's post?

      “Paul Scherer” tulips have such a lovely hue. Our usual "go-to" for an almost-black tulip is "Ronaldo" as it has much bigger flowers, but that variety sells out here really quickly, too. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]