Sunday 23 April 2023

I can buy myself flowers


The beautiful combination of Narcissus (Daffodil) “Starlight Sensation” and Tulip “Paul Scherer” is a joy.

We're off for a slap-up Sunday roast with Madam Arcati's Big Sister (who was in London yesterday to go and see ABBA: Voyage). Just as well we have an "indoor distraction", really, as that rain forecast for the weekend looks set to come in earnest today, so there'd be no gardening done...

I think we should treat ourselves to a little "Sunday Music", courtesy of the ever-wonderful Postmodern Jukebox, here making even Miley Cyrus sound listenable!

Love 'em.

Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox - appearing at a venue near you...


FOOTNOTE:

Happy St George's Day, my English chums!


[click to embiggen]

10 comments:

  1. This must be the coldest April ever!!! Rained all day yesterday, and raining now. Fed up with it. I deserve a roast with lots of potatoes!! Enjoy!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain obviously skipped over us, apart from a little shower in the middle of the afternoon. Today it's just miserable. But I have a roast beef dinner with Yorkshire puds to look forward to! Jx

      Delete
  2. Now that's got to be a first. I went to comment on this post, yet I think it showed up on the previous post! But again those almost purple tulips are lovely, I tried to get them this year but they were sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more comments, the better, I say! 🤣

      I replied to you on yesterday's post... Jx

      Delete
  3. Black and white bulbs - very sophisticated!

    Now, do exxcuse me while I celebrate that St. George...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We at Dolores Delargo Towers always try to provide our visitors with an air of sophistication - and semi-naked men! Jx

      Delete
  4. Those tulips are stunning and the combination is brilliant. Is that George? I can love him better than you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is customary to pay due homage to a saint - and I think we could all find ways to do that! Jx

      Delete
  5. Love the Postmodern Jukebox vid.
    - proving you can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are true professionals! Unlike Miss Cyrus. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]