Sunday 2 April 2023

She is looking good, for beauty we will pay


Our lovely new Aubrieta "Gracea"

We had a lovely (if busy) day today in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers. The straggly Salvia "Nachtvlinder" has had its Spring prune, I dug out what I thought was a dead Salvia patens, only to find that there were several solid tubers among the frost-damaged mush so that's in another pot and we keep our fingers crossed it'll grow. In its original spot I put a new Campanula glomerata "Superba", and we have high hopes for that. I just hope it's slug and snail-proof, as those slimy bastards have been playing havoc with loads of our prettiest specimens already!


l-r: S. "Nachtvlinder"; S. patens "Deep Blue"; C. glomerata "Superba" - roll on summer!

We were accompanied all day by BBC Radio 2 (of course), but here for your delectation, dear reader is something rather more esoteric to serve as a fine complement to a sunny Sunday:

Sublime.

6 comments:

  1. You’re all showing me up now! I have just seen Maddie’s glorious Spring, and now this! I will have a mooch in my garden tomorrow and see if I can find something pretty to photograph.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's plenty to photograph at the moment, even if it's not necessarily flowers - I was too busy until the light was starting to fade today, but must get a few of the lovely deep purple hues of the new growth on Geranium pratense sat next to the purple shoots of the hardy Tradescantia, or the shiny baby leaves of the Fuchsias that are starting to sprout... Green is a colour as worthy as any other! Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My favourite season - although I love summer, there's something magical about all the fresh growth and the expectation of blooms to come... Jx

      Delete
  3. A good pre Easter start to the gardening year
    It was lovely to have a Sunday together for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly got quite a few jobs done! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]