Friday 14 April 2023

There's nothin' to it, just say you wanna do it

I spent the whole day yesterday - dodging storm-force winds and showers - gathering dozens of discarded pots from all four corners of the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, divesting them of slugs and snails [the top of the garden is like the snail equivalent of the Somme at the moment with so many squished molluscs] and washing them ready for use. There's loads more to do of course, but looking at the dismal forecast for today I think it's unlikely I'll get much more done out there, so most likely a shopping day is afoot.

I'm more than well aware that being on leave means there is no particular difference between the end of a week as opposed to any other day, but celebratory traditions are traditions after all...

...so let's get our funk in motion and the party started in the estimable company of one of the founding fathers of the genre, in his most massively-collared sequinned jacket and flares, with a troupe of over-excited safety gays'n'gals - and Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a great weekend, dear reader!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe, with how many times I've heard this song, I've never seen this video. And I could have lived without seeing it now. But with the quality of the visuals, it makes the dancers look like they're at times displaying camel toe (or maybe they are).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like another "Spanish television special" to me... And yes, I did notice the "moose knuckles" on those boys 😍. Jx

      Delete
  2. They look less like dancers and more like people suffering some terrible spasm, simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amphetamine sulphate's a remarkable thing. Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh - the wind caught up with you then?!! We had a smashed up cold frame strewn across the lawn. Too sick to lash things down before the winds came. The weather is supposed to be glorious from now onwards, so I hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironic, isn't it? My week off has been horrible, blustery greyness - it lashed it down last night - and it's forecast to finally cheer up in time for me to go back to work... Jx

      Delete
  4. Gosh what a fab video it captures the 70s perfectly and the choreography is head and shoulders better than what Flick Colby was doing at that time.
    Yes, I am sure it from Spanish TV, judging by the amount of comments on YouTube in Spanish.

    Out of interest I thought you might like to know that YouTube automatically followed it with RAFFAELLA CARRÁ - CALIFORNIA (version larga en Español) and Mónica Naranjo "NESSUN DORMA" (Homenaje a Plácido Domingo) and then Sara Montiel thankfully Not singing Nessun Dorma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even YouTube knows your reputation... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]