Wednesday 19 April 2023

Teach me what to do

And so, farewell then, Caroline Vincinette LoTempio. Who? I hear you ask...

Better known as April Stevens, she found fame in the 1950s and 60s for duets with her brother Nino Tempo on such standards as Deep Purple.

Here at Dolores Delargo Towers, however, it is for this suggestive little number [here in a video with footage from the post-apocalyptic TV series To The Lake, in which it was featured] that we love her the most!

Teach me Tiger how to kiss you
Show me Tiger how to kiss you

Take my lips, they belong to you
But teach me first, teach me what to do
Touch me Tiger when I'm close to you
Help me Tiger, I don't know what to do
I know that you could love me too
But show me first, show me what to do

This is the first love that I have ever known
What must I do to make you my very own?
Teach me Tiger how to tease you
Tiger, Tiger I wanna squeeze you
All of my love I will give to you
But teach me Tiger or I'll teach you

Tiger.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Was that a whoop of joy or horror? Or was it a "whoa", as in "stop"? For Miss Stevens certainly doesn't sound like she's going to stop for anyone...! 😄 Jx

      Delete
  2. What an enthusiastically slutty number. Gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus! So many popping their clogs! I keep looking over my shoulder. And that makes me think of Jessie Matthews! So I go straight to Tiger cos it makes me feel young and naughty again. (Jessie Matthews just makes feel old!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Stevens was 93, my dear! Jx

      PS Love Jessie Matthews! [See here]. We even went to see an on-stage musical based on her life way back in 2001.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]