Thursday 4 May 2023

Totally bunted!

Yes - the bunting's up at Dolores Delargo Towers in readiness for the Coronation [although the Madam is actually working on Saturday, so I'll need to record it and we'll watch it on Sunday or Monday, and the concert (with a finger on the fast-forward button) sometime in the week], so let's play another vaguely appropriate number to celebrate, shall we?

Gulp. That song is 38 years old - released in the year that Keira Knightley, Bruno Mars, Lewis Hamilton, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lily Allen, Joe Wicks and Lana Del Rey were all born...

10 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! WAIT, WAIT a damn minute.

    *gets opera glasses*

    Yes....... yes... do I spy a decoration up at the Delores DeLargo Towers?!?!?!?!?

    Someone fetch me my smelling salts and wheel over the fainting chaise...STAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and we're the only house in the entire street to have done anything. No other bunting to be seen anywhere! Mind you, it's not really a surprise since our area has so many Bulgarian, Rumanian, Albanian and Polish households.

      Surprised our drag queen neighbours down the street haven't gone for it in style! So few people are patriotic enough these days, it seems. Jx

      Delete
    2. For even I may even put a small flag out in the window box.

      Delete
  2. I passed a council house today, they had a union jack beach towel pegged out on the washing line. I just thought I would share that with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mitzi. It's good to know that style and class have not completely died out. Jx

      Delete
  3. 38 years. Thank you. I shall now turn away for a quick sob.
    The bunting is looking good!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bit of a sob about that, too - how can it be so long ago..? Jx

      Delete
  4. And the good thing is the Bunting can stay up till next week-end to celebrate Eurovision !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]