Wednesday 31 May 2023

Without me you're nothing at all

It's the last day of May, and yet it looks and feels like October out there! Despite the lovely sunny weekend we just had, we have yet to reach double-figure temperatures overnight - and this morning it's grey and drizzly. Yuk.

Hey ho - it happens to be the 80th birthday today of Miss Sharon Gless, one half (with Miss Tyne Daly) of the fabled 1980s classic cop show partnership Cagney and Lacey.

On searching the interwebs, you can imagine my joy when I found this faboo clip of the two of them, reunited, singing a superb rendition of this enduring standard from City of Angels!

Love it!

Many happy returns, Sharon Marguerite Gless (born 31st May 1943)

10 comments:

  1. I had never seen them perform that number. Incredible! Thanks. (I just watched it three times.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing. Great clip. And coinkydinky... Today, as I was researching something else, up pops this memoir that Gless wrote... titled - Apparently There Were Complaints. So, now dying to read it. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a hoot! Like that duet... Jx

      Delete
  3. It was like the flipping artic yesterday morning! Thankfully I wore a thicker coat, but I could have done with socks and gloves as well. No bees to be heard or seen - I do recall reading that they don't fly if the temperature is below 10°. Not sure if that's true, but it seems to be!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just nasty - and even worse, the North of England and Scotland are getting brilliant weather. Not fair, say I! Jx

      Delete
  4. Think I should downsize the typeface for this...today, June 1st, we had brilliant weather. That sodding wind that had kept my poor plants huddled in the entryway had abated and all was Spring-like. It wont last, of course, but damn! I was a happy gardener!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's midwinter in the tropics for you! I bet those "poor plants huddled in the entryway" are the sort of thing we wouldn't see here outside the Palm House at Kew Gardens... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]