Monday 1 May 2023

Disco Gumby

Hip, hip Hooray! The first of May - outdoor sex begins today!

Even if it is another Bank Holiday [and, my heavens, I have been making the most of the lovely warm weather we've been having at long last - my back is killing me again from clearing and re-potting, clearing and re-potting, ad infinitum the past couple of days!], it's still the start of another week, so...

...with Eurovision looming, on this Tacky Music Monday here's something I posted earlier.

Kejsi Tola (for it is she) was eulogised by the witty people over at the "Eurovision Lemurs" site [2023 update: site appears defunct] thus:

Staged in front of an old The Price Is Right set, Albania’s 2009 entry features Tola in a pink tutu, a rhinestone-encrusted green man who looks like Disco Gumby and two b-boys dressed like Ben Stiller mimes. Classic, classic magic.

Perfect.

Have a good week, dear reader...

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I actually had to look up that reference, to find that "Gumby" was an American children's animated character (and "Pokey" his horse). We never had that series here (we had another claymation character called Morph).

      I had thought the reference to "Disco Gumby" was about a sweet (like a Jelly Baby or Gummi Bear)! Jx

      Delete
    2. I love it! I was surprised you knew Gumby. Now I understand.

      Delete
    3. It all falls into place when a little Google searching (as their own site has disappeared into the ether) reveals that the "Eurovision Lemurs" are/were actually from Rockville in the US. Jx

      Delete
  2. I think I've caught the Eurovision vibe as I accidentally bought some spangly lurex socks the other day. I love them, they are really sparkly! But not my usual fayre! I suppose I could wear one over my head for a Eurovision look?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can one accidentally buy lurex socks?! Jx

      Delete
    2. I know!!! Sooo strange. I shouldn't be allowed on the internet at 5am - I buy all sorts of odd things.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. I "accidentally" won three jackets on eBay! I placed a bid on all three, thinking I'd be outbid overnight, and woke the next day to find I had to stump up for all of 'em. Never mind, I have worn all three, so all was not lost... Jx

      Delete
  3. May we all find a May Pole to shimmy down on. And you embraced one of my favorite mottos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've know that saying for years - no-one seems to know where it came from! Jx

      Delete
  4. My Eurovision will be at an event in the village x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours will be the best party in the neighbourhood, of that I am certain. Jx

      Delete
  5. All those celebrating outdoor sex starting today clearly do not live in the woods among ticks! It's terrible this year! You'll get more sucked then you bargained for unless you can do it in a nice and hot gincuzzi! Safety first! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, ticks aren't a huge problem in London. It's probably not warm enough overnight for outdoor sex yet anyway, to be honest (let alone for ticks), but it won't be long before Hampstead Heath will be a-buzzing! Jx

      Delete
  6. Outdoor sex? Where? I didn't see any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you listen carefully, you can hear the bushes rustle. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]