Monday 8 May 2023

Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?


She never knows what to do with her hands when she's dancing

I could get used to these three-day weekends! Here we are at the start of another week, and I've been able to catch up on sleep for a change.

Still, as the dark clouds gather, we need a bit of brightness to perk us up. As it would have been the birthday today of the lovely Miss Alice Faye, who better on this Tacky Music Monday to provide it?! All this and Bing and Phil, too:

Alice Faye (5th May 1915 – 9th May 1998)

10 comments:

  1. A shame they still don't have the Hollywood Palace on. At least reruns on one of the many networks we have that play vintage shows. It was before my time...but it looks so entertaining. A revamp wouldn't work these days...the style is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever happened to class? Jx

      Delete
    2. "Whatever happened to class?" I said exactly the same when I saw footage of those twerking gospel singers at Charles' coronation.

      Delete
    3. Lovely voices, but Madam Acarti said all that swaying made them look like the Witches of Macbeth... Jx

      Delete
  2. I use to love watching Hollywood Palace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never had it here - we had Sunday Night at the London Palladium! Jx

      Delete
  3. I feel as though I have been living in a dark cloud for 7 months. At least it is now a heated dark cloud.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not heated enough for my liking! Sunday was really warm, but today the thermometer outside our door is saying it's only 15C/59F. Dammit. Jx

      Delete
    2. That's very warm for Devon.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. I know. I lived in Plymouth for two years. First year was balmy, but in year two it didn't stop raining for four months! At least there's not much frost, so gardening would be easier than here in London. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]