Wednesday 13 March 2024

By the power of the adjustable spanner!

An emergency plumber with an exorbitant call-out fee and a string of desperate clients is feeling more powerful than Zeus, he has confirmed.

Due to offering a round-the-clock service, Bill McKay can toy with the fates of normal humans like a supreme deity looking down from Mount Olympus while holding an adjustable spanner.

McKay said: “Got a burst pipe and need urgent help? Water pouring through the ceiling at 2am? Call me, feeble underlings, and I will decide whether to bestow my mercy upon you.

“If I’m honest, being richer than Croesus simply because I know how to tighten the hose on a washing machine gets a little dull. To keep things interesting I have considered asking a man with a blocked toilet to fight a family with a flooded basement for who gets my services first.

“However, my missus says that would be even more morally dubious than tripling my hourly rate for a client just because I arrived at their place a second after 5pm on a Friday, when I should be down the pub.

“But it’s hard not to feel contempt for the pitiful idiots who could sort most of this shit out themselves if they learned what a stopcock is. So until they do I will continue to rule as an almighty king, while charging £320 an hour, plus VAT.”

The Daily Mash

Of course.

I know who I'd call...

13 comments:

  1. I wish that that 'This comment has been removed by the author " thing wasn't there. It looks like I said something offensive now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, what?
    Is this for real? Also, a pink van is kinda dope...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Daily Mash is satire, dear - but "U-Benders" is an actual plumbing company! Jx

      Delete
  3. Years ago there was a plumber in the area that did 24/7 calls. I kid not...Ben Dover and Sons Inc. And I'm here to tell you the sons were HAWT!!!! Alas, they didn't want the family business. But if they were still in the biz, I would gladly grab my ankles..... while they did their pipe work sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine you'd enjoy getting that gurgling downpipe well and truly plunged. Jx

      Delete
  4. The MITM and the Krewe have taken to consulting youtube before calling a plumber! Seems that ever since The Doc used youtube to fix something wrong with his car, they've all decided "self done is well done" before calling anyone to sort out the mess! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The range of useful "self-help" videos on YouTube is impressive. Of course, you do have to wade through some dross before you get to the real experts... Jx

      Delete
  5. We were heading out for some trip, walked down to the garage with our suitcases in tow and were confronted with the hot water heater spewing water all over the floor. I have never felt so superior as when I was able to turn the water to the heater off so we could just go on our trip and deal with the disaster when we got home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spot on, ' The Mash' always makes me smile

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]