Friday 1 March 2024

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!


Daffs in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers

Happy St David's Day, dear reader!

On this day of all things Welsh, how fortuitous it is that one of our fave bands - whose repertoire often featured on our "getting-ready-to-go-out" playlist while we were in Spain - has not one, but two members who were born in the Principality (Ian "H" Watkins and Lisa Scott-Lee).

That gives me a perfect excuse to lead the party mood for the weekend [OK, I know I've been off all week, but it's still worth celebrating] - with this!

Thank Disco Steps It's Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Mes 'daffs' ont fleuri à Montréal en raison d'un temps inhabituellement doux,
    les jonquilles égayent le journée.
    * d'Anjou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think "égayent" may be my new word of the month! Jx

      Delete
  2. didn't Steps raise from the dead sort of recently? Just in time for Easter, the sacred holiday of zombies everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've had a few huge hit albums over the past few years, so haven't really ever gone away! (despite having a ten-year "hiatus" in the mid-2000s, when they all did solo stuff)

      Their latest venture is (sigh) a jukebox musical based around their greatest hits... Jx

      Delete
  3. Diolch yn fawr, cariad. (And if the spelling is wonky, I did it from memory!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iechyd da, Dinah anwyl! Jx

      PS I don't speak Welsh, tbh

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]