Friday 22 March 2024

Free!

It will be with a great sigh of relief when, at 4pm, I shut the damned laptop for another ten days, until after Easter!

I'm planning to visit the Boys in Braintree next week for my annual trawl of the garden centres of Essex, and there's loads of pottering to be done in the garden, so I am really looking forward to it.

In the meantime, there's a party to plan - and who better to lift our spirits and get us moving than a lady who turned 60 last Monday, with this much-loved anthem?!

Thank Disco It's Friday!!


Everybody's free to feel good
Everybody's free to feel good
Everybody's free

Brother and sister
Together we'll make it through
Some day a spirit will take you and guide you there
I know you've been hurting but
I've been waiting to be there for you
And I'll be there just helping you out
Whenever I can

Ohh Ohh
Everybody's free to feel good
Everybody's free to feel good

We are a family that should stand together as one
Helping each other instead of just wasting time
Now is the moment to reach out to someone
It's all up to you
When everyone's sharing their hope
Then love will win through

Everybody's free to feel good
Everybody's free to feel good


An absolute classic - I would be dancing like it's 1991, but my knees would creak.

Rozalla Miller (born 18th March 1964)

16 comments:

  1. The panty-girdle! At least, I think that's what they called it. Descendant of the chastity belt, is my guess!

    I have to be sent through one of those scanners, to have my bones measured, or whatever they do. The nurse said to me "Do you wear an underwire bra?" I looked downwards, at the area in question and said:"What do you reckon?" She winked and marked NO on the form...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some strange reason that is beyond me, there always used to be an obsession in women's underwear for elastic strapping, which always looked very uncomfortable (despite those adverts for the "24-hour girdle"). Sounds like you're happier to let it all go free nowadays 🤣 Jx

      Delete
  2. Why are those women at top dancing in girdles? So great you have a spring break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why anyone thought "dancing in panty-girdles" was a good look, Mitchell. The past was a strange place, indeed! Jx

      Delete
  3. It's the Longline Panty Girdle Dancers! They're my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playtex, cross your heart!
    I hope the next 10 days are nicer in the east than they're predicted to be in the west.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecast's not brilliant for my break, but whatever the weather it's better than the headaches of work! Jx

      PS those pointy bras like Liz Fraser used to wear were terrifying...

      Delete
  5. Oh, snap! (And that's not my panty-girdle elastic twanging) I'm on holiday until after Easter for garden-related stuff, too! I trust you'll be bringing back plenty of fuchsias from your foray to Essex?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 days, sweetpea? Have a delicious vacation however you spend it! xoxo (those dancing ladies in their girdles made me cringe remembering that long ago torture!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody's Free was the first song i heard when I came out at 23 to the clubs! Loved it.....still love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this song.
    love it
    love it
    Love It !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still an absolute club classic - 33 years down the line! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]