Friday 8 March 2024

I've got it, I've got it, yeah



After one of the most gruelling weeks of my life [first week back after the holiday], to get us in the mood there is only one song to play on International Women's Day, really...


I'm every woman, it's all in me
Anything you want done, baby
I'll do it naturally
I'm every woman, it's all in me
I can read your thoughts right now
Every one from A to Z

I can cast a spell
With secrets you can't tell
Mix a special brew
Put fire inside of you
But anytime you feel
Danger or fear
Instantly I will appear, 'cause

I'm every woman, it's all in me
Anything you want done, baby
I'll do it naturally
I'm every woman, it's all in me
I can read your thoughts right now
Every one from A to Z

I can sense your needs
Like rain on to the seeds
I can make a rhyme
Of confusion in your mind
And when it comes down
To some good old fashioned love
That's what I've got plenty of, 'cause

I'm every woman, it's all in me
Anything you want done, baby
I'll do it naturally
I'm every woman, it's all in me
I can read your thoughts right now
Every one from A to Z

I ain't braggin' 'cause I'm the one
You just ask me ooh and it shall be done
And don't bother to compare
'Cause I've got it
I've got it, I've got it, yeah


Yeah.

Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a good one, dear reader!

12 comments:

  1. Seemed to be a hellishly long week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gawd, yes! It felt like a fortnight...

      I've all-but-forgotten the holiday. Jx

      Delete
    2. PS Any clues what's happened to Ms Scarlet? Haven't seen or heard anything from her in weeks...

      Mind you, Mr DeVice used to be a regular commenter as well, but it seems he's rationed himself to doing one post a week, and that's it.

      One by one, the "old crowd" is slipping away. Just you, me, Mitchell, Peenee, Ms First Nations, Cookie and Savvy post anything regularly, and Dinah, Mitzi and Melanie are still around, but I feel a bit of a chill. Jx

      Delete
    3. I'm here! Granted, finding time to blog is difficult at present, but I do manage the rounds.

      Delete
    4. You do, dear, and it's always lovely to hear from you. Jx

      Delete
  2. For no known reason (best not to speculate?) I cannot stop myself from hearing that opening line as "Climb Every Woman".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike Read, when he was on Radio 1 back in the '70s, used to have a "misheard lyrics" slot - and that was one of them! Jx

      Delete
  3. And thank you for your year round celebrations of female artists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feature anyone, regardless of genital arrangements...

      "Ladies, gentlemen and those who have yet to make up their minds!" Jx

      Delete
    2. Absolutely, it's just that is my favourite thing on this site, the diva posts. Found some great female artists through here

      Delete
  4. International Women's Day "isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]