Friday 26 July 2024

I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there

Needless to say, "Marvel geeks" John-John and I had a whale of a time when we went to see Deadpool & Wolverine on its opening night in Leicester Square last night!

It's perhaps not a film for the faint-hearted - true to the "Merc with the Mouth"'s previous movies, there's lots of blood and gore and fighting and swearing, but there's also also bucketloads of laugh-out-loud moments and innuendo. There's also some very clever digs at both 20th Century Fox (from whence the two characters originally got their big-screen spotlights) and Disney/Marvel (which recently bought Fox out) - and it's the latter's multiversal lore that provides the excuse to bring all the characters into the MCU [Marvel Cinematic Universe]. There's not only a slew of familiar characters from Deadpool 1 and 2 and X-Men films, together with the "Time Variance Authority" from Marvel's recent Loki television series - but also a joyful raft of very unexpected cameos, indeed... All that, and a splendidly evil villainess with an (ahem) interesting massage technique!

I won't spoil any of the plot - I'll leave it to you to get your own cinema tickets, or not as the case may be - but suffice to say, at a crucial moment in the film a very familiar and beloved choon comes into its own.

Thank Disco Madonna It's Friday!

Have a great weekend, dear reader!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I would rather stay at home with a cross stitch if I'm honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you can watch it on streaming next Xmas and just fast-forward to the bits with Hugh Jackman showing off his body, no doubt... Jx

      Delete
  2. I’m too far behind on all these superheroes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might actually venture out to the cinema for this one. I loved the first two Deadpool films, and I'm sure I'll love this one, too. Ryan Reynolds is a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The combination of Mr Reynolds and Mr Jackman in one film is irresistible - you'll love it! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]