Monday 15 July 2024

And you're gonna finish on top!


A view up my back passage. [click to embiggen]

Groo. Another weekend just whooshed by...

By good fortune, it would have been the ground-breaking lyricist Dorothy Fields' birthday today - the woman who broke the "glass ceiling" back in the early 20th century, writing dozens of songs with the likes of Jerome Kern, Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, Rodgers & Hammerstein and Cy Coleman for musicals ranging from the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers era to Annie Get Your Gun to Sweet Charity.

On this Tacky Music Monday, what better way to wake us all up than a bit of tap-dancing, courtesy of the lovely, leggy Tommy Tune - and one of Miss Fields' splendidly upbeat numbers?!

Have a good week, dear reader.

10 comments:

  1. My goodness, those are long legs!!
    Have a good week!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Tune is over 6ft 6" - and I'm sure he's got his legs up higher, and wider, than any one of us! Not so much nowadays, I'd imagine, as he is 85 years old... [Read my tribute on his 80th]. Jx

      Delete
  2. The poor thing having to wear that ensemble. But your back passage looks as inviting as always...I must have a deeper look and explore in there......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many men have visited to admire my fragrant blooms. Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love this song. And Tommy Tune. You’ve got me singing. Again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tap your troubles away, Mitchell! Jx

      Delete
  4. I watched an old episode of Glorious Gardens From Above today, with no- nonsense haircut Christine Walkden, she said the best thing to do with a day lily is...she snapped off one of the flowers and rammed it in her mouth and ate it without checking for insects.
    Is that a black stemmed hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Christine Walkden, even if she does bear an uncanny resemblance to Peter Glaze.

      Well spotted, Mitzi! It is indeed a black-stemmed hydrangea - it should have brilliant blue flowers later in the year, but no sign of any buds so far... Jx

      Delete
  5. I had such a crush on him back in the day.
    Love Dorothy Fields work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the legs - they go all the way up! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]