Tuesday 30 July 2024

Incompatible with working

The time is now exactly "knock off work and drink five delicious pints in a beer garden o’clock", scientists have confirmed.

With temperatures soaring to levels incompatible with working, senior and genuine scientists have agreed it is imperative that you put your out-of-office on and head to the nearest pub for several refreshing pints in the sun.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “Just as the hands of the Doomsday Clock inch ever closer to an apocalyptic midnight, the heatwave has finally nudged drinking time to midday piss-ups. Enjoy.

“We’re long past staying hydrated by drinking water. Even the lightweight’s Pimm’s o’clock is in the past. The mercury hits 30C today which officially heralds the start of Greenwich Steamed By 3pm Time.

“Don’t worry about falling behind with your work or getting rumbled by your boss. They’ve already installed themselves outside Wetherspoons and are knocking back pitchers of Candy Rosá.

“Follow their example by quintuple parking yourself with ice-cold lager. Avoid salty crisps. They’ll only make you more thirsty which is dangerous in this heat. Far better to drink on an empty stomach.”

Drinker Martin Bishop said: “See, science gets a bad rap with that climate change shite, but it can be useful.”

I wish...

The Daily Mash

Of course.

8 comments:

  1. Pints?!?!? They make me feel even hotter. Give me a G&T nicely chilled or a Pimms Cup first. I love beer...ales...lagers ...pilsners....but too many and I feel bloated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to their own, dear Maddie - I'm a pints girl on a drinking session, but gin 'n' tonics for more special occasions... Jx

      Delete
  2. Chilled wine for me these days.Oh alright...I'll stretch that to iced water, with slice of lemon, sprig of mint if I have to drive. But Big Girl booze is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Spain, I drink a lot of Tinto de Verano (red wine and La Casera, which is basically 7-Up - or just soda water if you don't have a sweet tooth). It's not a "big girl drink", either, but very nice - not as "faffy" as Sangria, and doesn't have that slightly bitter taste that I find a bit off-putting with Pimms. Jx

      Delete
  3. Hard core whiskey drinker, still!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't science wonderful and it would be foolhardy to ignore the advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we've taken that advice to heart for years, dear... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]