Friday 18 September 2020

No problem

A man who read a newspaper article saying the amount he drinks is a problem has confirmed that he is actually finding it to be very easy.

Tom Logan, who regularly drinks a bottle of wine or two every night, says it slips down effortlessly and makes everything seem much better.

Logan said: “Far from being a problem, it’s actually cheering me up and giving my evenings a delightfully warm and fuzzy feeling.

“It completely stops me worrying about the news and thinking about the terrifying global slip into right-wing lunacy, climate change and deadly viruses. 

“Also I drink so regularly that my hangovers have stopped being horribly unpleasant and are now just a sort of foggy cranial buffer against the harsh realities of the cold light of day.

“I think I’d have way more of a problem if I didn’t drink.”

Alcohol counsellor Donna Sheridan said: “Lockdown drinking can be a problem. But I find it all goes pretty smoothly so long as I don’t hit the vodka on a Monday.”

The Daily Mash

Of course.

A weekend is looming, dear reader - thank heavens for that! It's still nice and sunny here in tropical North London (although the wind is a bit "keen") - and we need to get ourselves in the party spirit to enjoy it.

From (gulp) forty-two years ago this week, how about a bit of "British Hustle" to start the celebrations - and Thank Disco It's Friday!

 
Have a great weekend, folks!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the weekend and preparing for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party starts when I close the work laptop at 4... Jx

      Delete
  2. Hell I drank a whole bottle of wine myself last night.

    Like Ms Bankhead, my doctor once said he thought I drank to much and told me to have a apple every time I wanted a drink. And like her I replied, But who wants to eat 27 apples a day?

    Have a good weekend ma dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “I feel bad for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.”
      - Frank Sinatra

      Clink, clink, sweetie!

      Jx

      Delete
  3. “I think I’d have way more of a problem if I didn’t drink.”
    "Thank Disco It's Friday!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack, it’s nearly over now. Hope you had a good one, and enjoyed a few tipples in the garden.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, my dear - much quaffing was done in the sunny garden this weekend. Long may this "Altweibersommer" persist! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]