Wednesday 9 September 2020

(Posh) Totty of the Day




Accompanied by another motley crew of assorted "names" including Otis Redding, Julia Sawalha, Topol, John Curry, Rachel Hunter, Colonel Sanders, Michael Bublé, Tom Wopat, Captain Bligh, Gok Wan, Margaret Tyzack, Natasha Kaplinsky, Adam Sandler, Cardinal Richelieu, Janet Fielding, Arthur Freed, Haley Reinhart and Leo Tolstoy, Mr Hugh Grant, stirrer of many a loin during his heyday in the 1980s and 90s, is (gulp!) sixty years old today!

By way of a celebration, how about a snippet of the great man's - ahem - "pop career"?




Many happy returns, Hugh John Mungo Grant (born 9th September 1960)

10 comments:

  1. oh be still my heart! I'd like just one night with him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that posh mumbling and exclamations of "Gosh"... Jx

      Delete
  2. I do like Hugh! *Pushes Anne Marie out of the way*
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The final pic, with the dorky haircut is a downer, but the top right is my fave. All that lovely hair!
    (Scarlet and Anne-Marie can have a scratch-off; I'd still prefer Anthony Quinn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time's a terrible thing...

      Jx

      PS Anthony Quinn? Lordy, you like them with the "lived-in look", don't you?

      Delete
  4. I hadn't really heard of Hugh Grant before "Four Weddings..." came out, but all that buggering right at the start (and the "fuck") indelibly etched him (and his hair) into my consciousness.

    I didn't realise he had a "pop career" (as you put it) - I can't bring myself to watch the video in case it ruins his image for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed seeing him in Maurice?! Good heavens. That film had an indelible effect on me (and my trouser-front)...

      You really must watch that vid [of course, it was not a "real" pop career - it is a segment from another of his films - one I've never seen - called Music and Lyrics.]. It is an eye-opener.

      Jx

      Delete

  5. Posh Totty with Floppy hair, does it for me

    Gosh

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]