Tuesday 29 September 2020

Cutting-edge glamour

There's been so little "hoo-hah" about the season's traditional Fashion Weeks that one would hardly be aware they were being held at all (even, as is the case, online-only). I completely missed last week's London one; this week it is the turn of Paris, it seems...

I suppose most people are thinking "When exactly am I going to get the opportunity to actually go out wearing posh new clothes?" at the moment.

In an effort to remind us of the glamour, the fuss, the luxury and the downright ridiculousness of it all, I think we are well overdue a little wallow in the lives of impossibly glamorous people in unattainable locations once more, courtesy of the simply fantabulosa Soft Tempo Lounge!

Oh, that's better...

[Music: Bebu Silvetti - Voyage Of No Return. Original film: Haute Couture (1987)]

10 comments:

  1. But that's just it dear . That's the problem with people these days. There isn't enough of "the of the glamour, the fuss, the luxury and the downright ridiculousness of it all" People are slobs these days.

    but the soft tempo.....that is better........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People may be slobs but, in the immortal words of Mama Rose:

      "That's peachy for some people,
      For some hum-drum people to be,
      But some people ain't me!"


      Jx

      Delete
  2. Drape it to suit yourself! It's extra long! I like the fishwife look, ideal for showing him who's boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd need a pinny and a rolling-pin to do that properly. Like "Flo" in the Andy Capp cartoons, or Ivy from Last of the Summer Wine. Jx

      Delete
  3. I agree - that is better! Thank you! I have new boots, when am I ever going to wear them? They are the blackest suede and are gorgeous.
    I need a turban as the headband is becoming overwhelmed.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "All of them are right for 1940" - but are your boots?

      Maybe you should concoct some kind of "Lindy-Hop" by way of a belated celebration of the Battle of Britain... Jx

      Delete
  4. Ah, so Jennifer Saunders' comedy turban is a "New" Zelan?! My life is now complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need shoulder pads in our lives.
    The bigger the better I say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting for that look to make a comeback! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]