Monday 8 March 2021

Dots before the eyes


Monday mood.

Dammit! Another weekend is over in a blink - and despite the fact the weather's showing signs of returning to "normal" for this time of year, I have to put the jobs that need doing in the garden on hold as another fun-packed week gawping at the damned laptop in the living-room beckons...

Never mind, eh? Here's a shining example of what happens when International Women's Day collides with Tacky Music Monday. Six exceptionally - ahem - talented women performing a - ahem - joyful number to wake us up in our traditional fashion!

It's the Dolly Dots. Of course.

I need a lie down after that. Except I can't; I have important emails to attend to...

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - way too early for roller skates. Too many pot holes in Devon for that sort of malarkey.
    Have a good week!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off for a quick skate around Wood Green! Jx

      Delete
  2. I must admit, I rather liked the music, but the lyrics... I wonder what the writers and singers were thinking? Absolutely no emotion whatsoever. Ah, well...

    Oh, and thank the gods that Monday "at" work is now over! I had to crack open the gin - that doesn't normally happen until Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dolly Dots were masters (mistresses?) of that "dead-behind-the-eyes" performance style; endemic among Dutch pop acts of the 70s and 80s, I've noticed...

      I cracked open the cider at 4pm. Clink, clink, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  3. This post AND your recent post at "Dolores" are making me wobbly.

    I need a lie-down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A classic example of that style I call Not Quite Enough Rehearsing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Dolly Dots especially when they are played in one of our fave Amsterdam bars and all the Queens sing-a-long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's when the queens do the dance routines as well it all becomes a bit frenetic :-)

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]