Friday 15 December 2023

Let your body fly


Jump for Joy!

Another weekend is almost here - and it's the last full one before the Festering Season is upon us [Xmas Eve is a week on Sunday]!

We have an actual party tomorrow - for Our Sal's birthday, so it will be sparkly! - but let's be greedy, dear reader, and start the celebrations early in the company of a young Jocelyn Brown and her chums, with an irresistible classic, practice our synchronised jumping...

...and Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a great weekend - and don't knacker yourselves out shopping!

9 comments:

  1. I just jumped just like those two guys. Can someone call an ambulance, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Nobody should ever try and keep up with Bob Fosse or Tommy Rall..! Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Dolores Delargo Towers IS the Best Disco In Town! Jx

      Delete
    2. PS Hope you caught the clip from the new Marianne Faithfull tribute album in yesterday's blog post...

      Delete
  3. Once upon a time ...I could do the splits. And I got low enough to win limbo.But that was, um...whenever Chubby Checker gave us The Limbo. Oh, googlr it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the splits on a few occasions in my time - but never on a dancefloor 😂. Jx

      Delete
  4. Oh I remember this one first time round.
    Loved it then and love it now but didn't know that it was Jocelyn Brown. How fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Brown's career has been remarkable - like Martha Wash and Loleatta Holloway, and many more besides, she's lent her vocal talents to numerous choons we know and love! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]