Wednesday 7 August 2024

Nova musica

I've had a bastard of a busy day, dear reader - so how about I take you on a trip through some of the newer tracks that have caught my ear of late, by way of solace?

To start (and we have to start somewhere), how about something to make us feel Happier?

Another "house fave band", and another delightful earworm...

The ever-marvellous Mr McClintock and one of his faboo mashups:

Courtesy of "everyone's favourite man-trap", Mistress Maddie - this [love that queeny dancer!]:

Something that's not new at all - it's actually from 2018 - but it's new to me [courtesy of the faboo Liza Tarbuck on Radio 2, again], so that's all that counts!

And finally, saving the best to last, the return of old, old, old faves Yelle...

As ever, let me know your thoughts...

10 comments:

  1. I really liked that Shannon Shaw number; it reminded me of Duffy somehow. And whatever happened to her anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Ms Scarlet observed, Duffy posted a long spiel on her website saying she had been drugged and abducted and it took a long time to recover from the experience... Shocking, really.

      Miss Shaw was quite the discovery - Madam Arcati thought she sounded like Amy Winehouse, too. Jx

      Delete
  2. Blessed Madonna, and Hot Chip are too dance bound for this vintage Indie kid!
    Though I always appreciate a mash-up because they are mesmerising!
    I like the Jungle tune.
    I came back for seconds for Shannon! Great find and I agree with Mr Peenee - very Duffy-esque. She returned with a weird kidnapping story in 2020 didn't she?
    The Knocks - I like it. Fun with a bit of French.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would creak if I tried to dance to either of the first two, but I love 'em nonetheless!

      Once again, I am glad there's something here that tickles your fancy, Ms Scarlet. Jx

      Delete
  3. I needed this dear. Is this damned week over yet?!?!?!

    I enjoyed all your selections but not keen of Drowning Fox, but didn't hate it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr McClintock's mash-ups are very clever but, if you're not a fan of the songs being "mashed", might be a bit of an acquired taste... Pleased you enjoyed the rest of 'em! Jx

      Delete
  4. This was a nice perk up for my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will get back to these when we find a new burner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can listen without downloading, dearie! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]