Monday 12 August 2024

Cafeetje culture?

Ha! I don't have "that Monday feeling" - I'm on holiday, we're off to see Bernadette Peters: Live from London tonight...

...and the countdown has begun to our annual "pilgrimage" to our beloved Amsterdam on Thursday! As we know, the Netherlands is one of the biggest sources of cheese (in all senses of the word) in the world.

Lo and behold, on this Tacky Music Monday - something that really could not have been cheesier if it tried!

Have a good week, dear reader!

10 comments:

  1. Until I found you I didn’t know about the cheesy nederlander music! I’m long overdue for a return to Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only need to spend a night out in the Dutch bars in La Carihuela to experience it in Spain! Jx

      Delete
  2. I'm right there with you!!! I had a nice lie in today. I should always take a day or two off before leaving for vacation. I leave later this week too. Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually take time off before and after a holiday, and I am making a meal of this one! Hurrah! Jx

      Delete
  3. OH! Give my love to Amsterdam! One of my favourite places. Cheese, of course. Amstel beer.Great food places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my favourite city outside London! We'll give the grachten your regards... Jx

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is a tacky tune and video - you have surpassed yourself!!
    Have a brilliant week!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hooted (as is my wont with so much Dutch music) when I discovered Jettie Pallettie! Jx

      Delete
  5. Love it !
    Even with the sound off it couldn't be anything but Dutch.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]