Tuesday 7 September 2021

Do I have it in me? I believe it is in there


"Hey Mr DJ, put your knickers on"..?

Time for a selection of the "newer" choons that have caught my ear again, dear chums!

Before we go there however, it's worth noting that we're currently in the midst of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year - traditionally celebrated by "raising a noise" and blowing a horn. There are a few "horns" in this video featuring Tel Aviv's finest and house fave Uriel Yekutiel that I wouldn't mind blowing...

Shanah Tovah!

Onwards and upwards... Let's start with the "big releases" [since their reunion and forthcoming album is all over the news, it's inevitable] from ABBA, shall we?

The portent for the album is very promising, indeed - of these two "teasers", however, I prefer the second of the pair...

By complete contrast, here's the latest from everyone's favourite spunky Croatian pluckers - doing battle with Bon Jovi and winning:

Speaking about "winning battles"... We haven't heard much from [another house fave here at Dolores Delargo Towers] Señorita Monica Naranjo in a while, but here she is, paying tribute to smashing a song originally recorded by none other than Kim Wilde...

The next video is included here not because I particularly like the song, the music nor the singer's voice, but merely because of the excessive amount of ripe flesh Mr Mendes likes to show off - and who are we to argue? Watch it with the sound down, and it's rather good...

[The review in the Guardian made me hoot, as well: "In the UK, it has only been a summer of love if your passion is lateral flow tests or overpaying for a holiday cottage in Cornwall – but clearly, Shawn’s had a better couple of months. Here he boasts about drinking tequila, staying in bed all day and shagging so much it “felt like we were 18” again, which, given he’s still only 23, isn’t actually that impressive."]

As highlighted recently by Mr Device, I do like the new one by "Our Sophie" and her hubby's band The Feeling (from the soundtrack to the forthcoming Everybody’s Talking About Jamie film):

And finally... "Little Miss Weekend-without-an E" and his latest banger!

As usual, let me know what you think, dear reader.

14 comments:

  1. Funny how 18 yr olds think they're past it by 23!! Deary me, have they got a shock in store.
    Nice to hear the familiar riffs from Abba rearranged to make new music, bless'em.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless 'em indeed.

      Yes, the concept of "age" does rather gain perspective the more of it one actually accumulates... Jx

      Delete
  2. Re. I Still Have Faith In You, I was a bit worried, but when the chorus finally kicked in at just over 2 mins it was a joy and a relief, yes, they still have it in them.

    I wonder who is next to come out of the woodworks...Toyah! Oh wait... aghhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first vid is funny. Not my type of guys at all, but I understand the appeal. I am on the fence with the ABBA stuff... cool on the ballad and wanting to pump some more life into the poppy one, which is the better of the two. The lyrics? Hmmm. A remix of the second one, with the chorus kicking in right after And the rest? Sophie Ellis-Bextor's new one? A smash. I do hope people pick up on it... it is a true pop gem. Adore The Weeknd, too. Shawn is pretty... and I remember liking one of his songs... Thanks for the Monday brightener. Somewhat looking forward to seeing how this whole ABBA thing plays out. That first ballad is pitched too low for the ladies, but then the chorus has them in their chipmunk range. Oh, I am being too critical. Just enjoy, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ABBA stuff takes some getting used to. Like you, on first listen I didn't really rate it much - but all day today I was actually singing I Still Have Faith in You in my head!

      Glad you liked the selection... Jx

      Delete
  4. Wow! Monica Naranjo can really belt them out, can't she! I love Kim WIlde's "Never Trust A Stranger", and I love this just as much!

    I can't stand "Livin' On A Prayer" so I had to mute 2 Cellos after a short while. I still watched it for gorgeous Stjepan, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Señorita Naranjo can knock spots off 99% of the girl singers out there, yet is completely overlooked because she sings mainly in Spanish. Imagine a duet/vocal battle between her and Skin from Skunk Anansie?

      I have paid many tributes to the lady over the years, but if you want a good cross-sample of her talents, try here for a start.

      I know what you mean about Bon Jovi. They were never as good as their British Heavy Metal predecessors, but because Jon was so pretty they got noticed. Speaking of pretty, I thought you'd be slathering again over Stjepan and that impressive instrument between his legs... Jx

      Delete
    2. If you want to hear Mónica Naranjo belt it out try her version of "NESSUN DORMA" sung in a tribute concert for PLÁCIDO DOMINGO.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8POxf8d6Qfo

      Delete
  5. Well, this Dear Reader thinks that DJ's Ass is very nice... Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather fetching, isn't it? I wonder if anyone actually dances at his club nights, or just stand there and drool... Jx

      Delete
  6. All added to the 'Delargo Towers' collection 2021

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Now That's What I Call Dolores Delargo Towers Music", volume 364... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]