Friday 12 August 2022

Running like the wind

Oh. Thank. Fuck.

After what has seemed on occasions over the last few few weeks to have been a "trial by fire" in work (with three people out of our small team of five on holiday for much of it, and those remaining - mainly me - having to deal with a load of difficult, unforeseen and complicated "urgent" situations as well as my own work and covering the tasks handed-over), it is finally payback time! At 4pm precisely, the whole lot can go to hell in a handbag as far as I care - I will be off for the next seventeen days, and it's their turn to suffer!

The UK's fabulous summer heatwave continues, we're off to see Tom Jones, Tom Jones in Essex this Sunday, we fly to our beloved Amsterdam on Thursday for a long weekend, and our gang's "Grand Picnic" is on the Bank Holiday weekend to follow.

I'm in the mood for a party!

To begin, an "Ibiza classic". This song is - gulp - twenty years old...

Very appropriate, given the weather.

Not content to leave it there, however - such is my mood - how about something that is considerably older? From 1979, it's (surprisingly) one of the biggest-selling bands in UK chart history:

Thank Disco It's (a Holi-Holiday) Friday!

Have a good weekend, dear reader.

10 comments:

  1. Chasing the Sun...20 years ago? Like I said..where does go???? Have so jealous you'll be off to my stomping grounds in Holland. I know you'll behave with no drinking. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, dear. I'm always like a nun when I'm in Amsterdam.

      Hahahahahahahahaha! Jx

      Delete
  2. Have a brilliant time. Wouldn't you just love to toss a computer over the wall like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been tempted to aim my laptop at someone's head like a frisbee many times over the years! Jx

      Delete
  3. Have a fabulous time - I know you will! Seventeen days - enjoy every second of freedom.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cherish every single moment away from work, and I have no doubt that'll indeed be the case right up until the bank holiday! Hedonist, moi? Jx

      Delete
  4. Have a cookie for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're referring to "cookies" of the "space cake" variety, I gave all that up years ago - I'd rather remember my weekend in the 'Dam than pass out, giggling, and forget everything about it. We stick to booze and people-watching for our kicks... Jx

      Delete
  5. I asked you to have a cookie for me.It seems the Cookie Monster gobbled it with the comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My moderator was working overtime, my dear! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]