Monday 29 August 2022

Lulululul lululululul lul*


Next time we go on holiday, we're flying with Schinkehager Airlines.

It may be our last Bank Holiday Monday, and thus the end of the "Summer Season" [yes, my overseas chums, it is true - we in the UK have no further holidays between the end of August and 25th December!], but it's still a tradition around these parts to have something jolly (and in most cases completely preposterous) to start any week...

...so on this Tacky Music Monday, let's head back again [I wish!] to Amsterdam, for a little - ahem! - something from an old fave, Ria Valk!

[* Apparently, the refrain from the above song, translated from the Dutch, means "asshole, assholes, assholes, assholes".Which is nice.]

Have a good time on your extra day off, dear reader, and a good week.

[Mine starts tomorrow. Oh! the horror...]

8 comments:

  1. It took me a little while to realise that those are pipes in the background and not slimline disco Daleks. I think it was the preposterously mustachio'd middleman who put me off because he reminded me of Mark Heap.

    Happy Holiday, Jon! (Even if it is only one miserly day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon more song-and-dance numbers should include "Disco Daleks"! Jx

      PS I had to look up Mr Heap, and I am still no wiser.

      Delete
  2. We have our holiday next Monday. I, for one, plan to be naked beneath the sun, frolicking with like-minded men in the tall grass, pretending that summer is forever and that we are all young! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something of a young Yootha Joyce about Ria Valk!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mildred : [as George is combing his hair] "Oh, changing your style are you? It used to be three hairs to the right and two to the left."
      George : "Sarcasm goes right over my head."
      Mildred : "Pity your hair doesn't."

      I loved Yootha Joyce! Jx

      Delete
  4. Leo certainly does seems to be one and a deeply unpleasant person to-boot.
    "when he's drunk the whole neighbourhood sings
    Lulululu"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]