Friday 26 August 2022

Ging, gi-gi-ging, ging, gi-gi-ging

Alas, the last weekend - but a Bank Holiday one, yay! - of my fantabulosa holiday arrives...

...and so, with "our gang"'s Grand Picnic tomorrow, plus an extra day on Monday to catch up on sleep and general monging about before the stress begins again, I think it's time for the party to commence - with an "old-school banger"!

...and Thank Disco It's Friday!

Have a good long weekend, dear reader! It's the last one till Xmas...

[Footnote: this faboo track heavily samples the marvellous Marlena Shaw's Woman of the Ghetto]

12 comments:

  1. I do remember this song. It was made popular - different version by another artist - in the states. Now I have to go find it. (Can't find it - was it Neenah Cherry?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of another version from that era (although it was sampled in more recent hip-hop music, as everything inevitably is) - according to Wikipedia, the only famous versions are Miss Shaw's original (as per my footnote), and this one. Jx

      Delete
    2. The link's in the blog post! Jx

      Delete
  2. The last long weekend until CHRISTMAS? That's outrageous. Slavedrivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We have the second lowest number of public holidays in the world. Stingy, that's what I call it! Jx.

      Delete
  3. Not enough holidays? Do a Boris !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your time off has gone so quickly - at least you packed it with fun stuff.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has been a busy fortnight! I need a holiday... 😎 Jx

      Delete
  5. I've had "Ging, gi-gi-ging, ging, gi-gi-ging" in my head all bloody weekend, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work here is done. You're welcome. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]