Monday 2 January 2023

Neon lights will shine for you

It's the last day of freedom, dear reader. The dust has settled on the remnants of 2022, and we're back to the grind tomorrow. Dammit!

Let's round things off with a cornucopia of choons by some of the less-headline-grabbing artists who departed for (the Dive Bar at) Fabulon last year:

RIP, Jet Black

RIP, Martin Duffy

RIP, Nick Tesco

RIP, Paul Ryder


Never mind "happy" Mondays, I haven't (of course) forgotten that it is a Tacky Music Monday!

So, after all that decent music, let's hand over proceedings to a much more notable diva we also lost last year, with an altogether more cheesy affair:

Hope you're having a restful day...

10 comments:

  1. Well, I'm BACK to my restful day after watching a minute of each of those videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restful? I barely remember the last 24 hours..

    At least it will be another 4-day work week, and then the weekend again!!!!

    Happy New Year dear!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been much and the same for me, dear. Dreading tomorrow, but as you say - a short week is a good week! Jx

      Delete
  3. Short weeks are the best weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought yesterday was Friday so I can understand how you ALMOST forgot it was Tacky Music Monday!
    A short week in a very long month, and somehow this short week feels like being plunged into a bucket of cold water - I say this and I don't even have to go anywhere!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time in eleven days that my alarm went off, so it did feel like a bucket of cold water has been thrown over me! Jx

      Delete

  5. Some cracking tunes there but unfortunately Xanadu is not one of them
    It's definitely 'Tacky' though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The presence of ELO and Gene-Kelly-on-roller-skates was enough to put me off ever seeing that film. The song is definitely, definitively, "tacky" indeed! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]