Monday 23 January 2023

Better get rid of your accent!


Monday looms again...

After an eventful weekend - we went to a drag show in, of all unlikely places, the leafy and affluent suburb of Southgate (actually a stone's throw from here), on Saturday [more on that later, no doubt]; and yesterday I finally got a fully-functional set of venetian blinds up in our living-room, after a bit of a disaster with previous attempts.

Now it's time to go back to the grind, unfortunately. We need something completely OTT to wake us up on this Tacky Music Monday, and who better to fit the bill than not one, but two Patron Saints - last week's birthday girl [slap on the wrist for missing that!] Charo... and Cher!!

Campness abounds.

Have a good week, dear reader.

10 comments:

  1. Bloody brilliant! Muchos gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days, Cher doing “Puerto Rican” wouldn’t go over big in Amereeca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that clip you could easily be in the top 10 tacky music Mondays. Just saw Charo and a clip on the news, and she hasn't held up too bad showing some age unlike Cher who still looks incredible. And every time I see Charro I feel a strong urge that I want to brush her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I feel like I'm listening to two tunes at the same time?! Oh that's better, they have settled on one. Back in the day when Cher could move her face as well as her body.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure there's anything left of Cher that she was actually born with. Jx

      Delete

  5. Charo and Cher! Now that is a combination made in Camp Heaven.
    Fab U Lous !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would only have been camper if Raffaella Carra shimmied in..! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]