Friday 20 January 2023

Party like it's 1978

Zut alors! Our fave Gallic Patron Saint of Sparkly Frocks and Big Hair Dalida would have been 90 years old this week!

She's perfect on any occasion, of course, but for a pick-me-up at the end of another cold, drawn-out and tiring week, there's nothing like an all-wiggling all-posing performance by the grand dame and her safety gay (singular) Bruno Guillain to start the party - and Merci Disco c'est vendredi!

Dalida (born Iolanda Cristina Gigliotti, 17th January 1933 – 3rd May 1987)

Have a great weekend, dear reader!

12 comments:

  1. I swear, we are too much alike some days. I came so close to posting a song of the fabulous Dalida this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an icon, but only to a niche (mainly European) fanbase, dear - you must be one of the very few people I know across the pond who would even have heard of her! Jx

      Delete
  2. I could have been an safety gay in those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fifteen, but in my hidden fantasies I was a gayer, "safety" or otherwise... Jx

      Delete
  3. Shut the front door! Oh, time flies... and lies. It lies like an old troll trying to get in your pants. We all? Must do our best to remain forever young and gay. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been sniffing the liniment, Mr Uptonking? Jx

      Delete
    2. Sniffing the liniment? That's just the tip of the iceberg.

      Delete
    3. ...or apothecary jar, indeed. Jx

      Delete
  4. Have a great weekend, whether in 1978 or 2023!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have more fun if it was 1978! I didn't creak then. Jx

      Delete
  5. 'C'est magnifique !'
    the Patron Saints of Patron Saints

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]