Thursday 12 September 2024

Departure lounge

They're dropping like flies at the moment! House favourite here at Dolores Delargo Towers, the marvellous multilingual singer, guitarist, star of 50s/60s variety shows alongside the likes of Dean Martin and Fred Astaire, and schlager legend in Germany, Miss Caterina Valente has departed for the glittering environs of Fabulon, aged 93...

...closely followed by the star of one of my favourite TV shows when I was a kid Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) [as well as Coronation Street, That Was the Week That Was and Carry On films], Kenneth Cope [above, top left]. Here's the fantabulosa theme tune:

And an old classic:

RIP, both.

6 comments:

  1. Boy...I am shocked. One I was not familiar with. And a beauty at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Signorina Valente was simply faboo! [And Mr Cope was one of my "secret crushes", too]. Jx

      Delete
  2. I DID enjoy Caterina Valenti. Didn’t you write about her for her birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed do a post about her and her bongos, back in January... Jx

      Delete
  3. I remember her Bongos but not sure I remember her Malagueña both are fab.
    Loved her - another sad loss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I say - dropping like flies. Hope Tippi Hedren's looking after herself! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]