Saturday 14 September 2024

Class Acts

We're getting excited here at Dolores Delargo Towers, as the whole day on BBC Radio 3 has basically been a warm-up/coundown to tonight's Last Night of the Proms - the season-closing classical music extravaganza, flag-waving, sing-a-long fest at the Royal Albert Hall that we look forward to every year!

Meanwhile, in complete contrast...

...it's the 80th birthday today of one of the original "sex kittens" who took US variety television shows by storm [and "Tacky Music Mondays" stalwart], Miss Joey Heatherton!

Here she is - replete with safety gays - on one of her suitably unsubtle numbers, by way of a celebration...

Many happy returns, Joey!

8 comments:

  1. I never understood what her celebrity sprang from. Blowjobs for producers I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see her I think of "A Chorus Line":

      Tits and ass.
      Bought myself a fancy pair.
      Tightened up the derriere.
      Did the nose with it.
      All that goes with it.

      Tits and ass!
      Had the bingo-bongos done.
      Suddenly I'm getting national tours!
      Tits and ass won't get you jobs
      Unless they're yours.


      Fitting. Jx

      Delete
  2. Joey Heatherton! I haven’t thought of her for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chances are, you probably won't again for years. Jx

      Delete
  3. We had Joey Heatherton as a guest, for a week, at the Marquis Motel at 588 East Mel Avenue in Palm Springs, that my grandmother managed for a relative in 1971.
    Ms Heatherton was anxiously awaiting a call from her agent for a supporting role in a film starring Richard Burton. The call came through, and Ms Heatherton was off to Europe to make the film, which was Bluebeard that premiered in 1972.
    We had been told Ms Heatherton was a party girl, suprisingly she was far from it when she stayed with us, and was very pleasant.
    The old motel is still there, and is now known as the Hermosa Palms studio apartments. -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a claim to fame, indeed... Jx

      Delete
  4. I am sorry but the career of Miss Joey Heatherton has completely passed me by.
    Nice orchestration and lovely dancing boys though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't worry - most of it passed her by too. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]