Sunday 28 April 2019

Cetaceans vs Cafe del Mar


Meditation music moguls say their companies face ruin after thousands of whales sued for backdated royalties.

The giant, furious mammals say they want to be recognised as ‘credible artists’ and are suing for breach of copyright and theft of intellectual property.

Martin Bishop, a humpback whale, said: “I spent years honing my clicks and whistles, only to have them exploited on albums such as Ocean Sounds Vol 73 and Whale Music to Snooze To.

“My echolocation was developed so I could find my child, not to help some fucker from Slough when his ‘nerves are playing up’.”

“We’re also seeing if we’ve got a case against Cafe Del Mar. We were doing ambient sounds way before the Ibiza chill-out albums.”


Meditation boss Julian Cook said: “We’ve tried using more compliant animals, such as seals, but it’s just not as relaxing.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

Speaking of bizarre "whale noises" and relaxation music - how about Alison Goldfrapp at her most enigmatic?


Sigh.

[That wouldn't sound out of place amongst the collection of "Spy Music" I featured a while back]

6 comments:

  1. That's tomorrow's music choice for the drive to work sorted - Felt Mountain, it is!
    I do have a dilemma about what to watch now, though: Star Trek IV The Voyage Home, or Ab Fab "Iso Tank"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything with whales in it would probably do - I'm very fond of Free Willy myself, but that's another story... Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like the eerie music. And I don't tend to like whale music - no offence to whales.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love a bit of Goldfrapp, not played any for ages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This track particularly suited the "Sunday mood". Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]