Thursday 18 April 2019

Another me



“I woke up in Medellín.
Another me could now begin.”


She's back, but who is she?

Following hot on the heels of the announcement that Our Glorious Leader is to perform at the Eurovision Song Contest next month, Madonna has announced a new album, and a mysterious new persona - Madame X...

...and here is her teaser video that serves as an introduction:


This new nom-de-plume, it seems, is the herald (as well as the title) of Queen Madge's first new album in four years which, as announced in the pre-publicity, will feature collaborations with rappers [groan; please spare us] SwaeLee and Quavo [who both sound like exotic vegan meat substitutes], with Brazilian "funk carioca" superstar Anitta, and with Colombian reggaeton singer Maluma.

And here is the first song released from the album, featuring the latter:


It's actually rather good [thankfully]!



We look forward to seeing - ahem - more of Mr Maluma [tats or no tats] in the future...

Pre-order a copy of Madame X at Madonna's official website

8 comments:

  1. I sure hop this release is better then the last two flops. And she looks good in the picture you use. I was worried dear Madge was starting to look ravaged by plastic surgury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she goes to the same clinic as Jessica Lange. Why do they do that to themselves..?

      The single is rather good, I feel, so I too keep my fingers crossed - I loathed Hard Candy, quite liked MDNA, but thought Rebel Heart was a bit "meh". She's due a good break, bless 'er!

      Jx

      Delete
  2. I'm back!! Anyhow, I think this Madame X character is interesting....sometimes she has the whiff of Bette Davis about her.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she'd take that as a compliment! Jx

      PS Glad you solved your commenting problem - hopefully it'll work again over at Mr DeVice, Mitzi or Maddie's.

      Delete
  3. Didn't Annie Lennox already do this multiple character thing years ago? Still, if Her Madgesty can do it even half as well, she should be all right.
    Medellín is quite an easy listen, although the soft background beat that crescendos into the chorus reminds me of something else that I can't quite remember...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Glorious Leader will give it her best shot, of that I have no doubt! Jx

      Delete
  4. Nice to have her back.
    Roll on Eurovision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if she'll sing Boom Bang-a-Bang or Ding-a-Dong? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]