Wednesday 17 April 2019

Does anybody miss me? Anybody feel the way I do?



Another prodigious musical talent has departed for Fabulon - Mr Les Reed.

Who? I hear you say...

Mr Reed was the man behind myriad hits in the 1960s and 70s for the likes of Connie Francis, Gene Pitney, Sammy Davis Jnr., The Fortunes, Mirielle Mathieu, Sandie Shaw, The Dave Clark 5, Des O'Connor, Cleo Laine, The Drifters, Frank Ifield, The Applejacks, P.J. Proby, Petula Clark, Elvis Presley and many, many more.

Including these!






Classics, every one.





RIP, Leslie David Reed OBE (24th July 1935 – 15th April 2019)

8 comments:

  1. Good heavens, how did I not know his name?! With hits like that under his belt it was remiss of me not to know. I always thought A Kind of Hush was written by The Carpenters - now I know better!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was evidently in the same vein that other fairly recently-departed genius, Mr Rod Temperton - a "back-room boy" who was more than happy to remain out of the spotlight... Jx

      PS The Carpenters sang more cover versions than they did their own compositions.

      Delete
  2. I did not previously know of Mr Reed. What a talent. Thank you for bringing him to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome, Mr Lax! Jx

      Delete
  3. I second ms scarlet; such great music from an unknown (to me) man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a hit-maker extraordinaire! Jx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I could have featured loads more instantly-recognisable songs written by Mr Reed. Such a back catalogue. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]