Saturday 13 April 2019

The Songbird of Wassoulou



After a busy pottering Saturday - in between dodging showers and even hail, I managed to drag our biggest Salvias (Amistad and Blue Enigma) kicking and screaming out of their massively congested pots and began the process of repotting them, and other random leftover plants, into new soil; then of course I had to troll off (to Tottenham Hale, a fair distance away, as our local Wilko had sold out) to get more compost, which drew proceedings to a halt - what better than some jolly music from faraway lands?

In this case, it's yet another brand new diva discovery - from Mali, yet; the country that is home to the mythical ancient city of Timbuktu - Miss Oumou Sangaré.

A megastar in her home country, Miss Sangaré is an outspoken spokesperson for the rights of African women, and has been recognised by the UN for her work and for her music.

Here she is, with a double-bill of her irresistibly joyful choons:



That girl certainly knows how to play "The Queen" - love her "safety gays"!

Oumou Sangaré biography.

2 comments:

  1. Those were two of the slickest, glossiest Safety Gays that I think I've ever seen! Their dance moves are a tad on the minimal side, though...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]