Tuesday 16 April 2019

I guess it's just the story of my life - what you gonna say?











Our Patron Saint of the Beehive 'Do, Miss Dusty Springfield would have been 80 years old today. We still miss her.

I have, of course, done many a tribute to the great lady over the years, so today I thought I'd select a few more - ahem - unusual moments from Dusty's long and extensive career in the spotlight, for your delectation. Enjoy...





A goddess walked amongst us. For that we should be eternally grateful.

Dusty Springfield OBE (born Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien, 16th April 1939 – 2nd March 1999)

6 comments:

  1. I love The Look of Love! I listened to the medley and I was transported back to the seventies, sitting in the back of the car, and listening to the fancy cartridge player.
    One of my favourite Dusty tunes is Nothing Has Been Proved. It's not played enough!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dusty made several much-covered songs her own, including The Look of Love and If You Go Away - but it is I Close My Eyes and Count to Ten that remains my eternal fave.

      As for Nothing Has Been Proved - try here... Jx

      Delete
  2. I remember hearing that Nicole Kidman wanted to play her in a bio-pic and I shuddered at the thought. That was one cinematic bullet we dodged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dusty could move her face...

      I heard rumours that Adele was a contender for the role - girl can certainly sing, but she'd need a helluva lot of vocal coaching to get rid of that rough Tottenham accent!

      Apparently Gemma Arterton (who??!) has actually landed the part. Jx

      Delete
  3. There is a 3 part series on radio 2 about this gorgeous lady. First part was last Saturday
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to it - utterly fab it was too! Can't wait for part 2...

      Jx

      PS Who even knew Vicki Wickham (Dusty's manager and co-writer of the English lyrics of You Don't Have to Say You Love Me) was still alive?

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]