Friday 5 April 2019

Oh, Miss Jones...



"April is the cruellest month", according to Mr T.S. Eliot, and it certainly has thrown a bit of eveything at us, weather-wise, this week - glorious sunshine alternating with gales, sleet, rain, and almost-freezing temperatures. The good news is that it looks like it may warm up on the weekend (thank heavens), so we know what that means - it's time to start planning for a party!

Who better to lead us in our mission than our Patron Saint of "Couldn't-give-a-fuck-what-you-think"-dom herself, Miss Grace Jones?!

Described on Pitchfork thus: "...Jones’ promenading in a frock and bustier through a stagy castle with human hand candle sconces, barnyard fowl, and a nearly naked prince has the power to broaden most rubrics", here is the lady in all her glory, doing what she does...

Thank Disco It's Friday!


I've got to do or die
I'm reachin' for the sky
I'd like to make you mine
You know I will in time
No retreating gotta do or die
No matter how you try
You'll never change my mind
I got to Do or Die!!


Indeed.

Have a good one, dear reader!

11 comments:

  1. I keep thinking that it's nearly Christmas! April has confused the hell out of me!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suppose Easter and Xmas are both just commercially-driven excuses to eat chocolate, so there are similarities. Jx

      Delete
  2. I love how the chickens are, quite properly, terrified of Miss Jones. And that poor not-quite-naked guy on the rock. Probably thought this was his big break (A Grace Jones video! Hoo hoo!) only to come in second to a flock of chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those poor little marmoset things - hugging each other for dear life and scurrying up that rock as Miss Jones sashays past.

      Delete
    2. Most sentient creatures would be terrified at being in the proximity of Miss Jones... Jx

      PS I wonder whatever happened to "semi-naked-guy-on-slab" when Stryx got cancelled [the show was too steamy even for Italian TV, believe it or not]? Maybe he went on to play "corpse #1" in Murder She Wrote.

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite Grace songs, partly because of my hot boyfriend at the time! She appeared on The Midnight Special and did this song in a tank top, shorts and a big foam athletic crotch protector. She may have been wearing boxing gloves as well. I think that was more Grace than this train wreck with chickens! CHICKENS!?

    However the most shocking thing in this post is Grace wearing that pink liquid gown!!! I'm trying to remember if I ever saw her in a dress! She just continues to amaze!

    BrianB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Our Grace in a frock is somewhat unusual for her. I can only imagine she had something - ahem - bizarre on underneath! Jx

      Delete
  4. I Meet her in the 70s you know !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But was she wearing the basque, or was it the shimmy-dress? Jx

      Delete
  5. Full on S&M leather with a ridding crop

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]