Saturday 6 April 2019

And she'll tease you, she'll unease you



Having overslept this morning and had to rush across London to Waterloo Station, in order to catch the train booked by my sis and head to the South Coast to spend the day in Portsmouth visiting The Mother, I am quite understandably a bit knackered...

I also realise that among the "consecutive Diva birthdays" that occur at the time of year, I neglected one of the most important of our Patron Saints, the magnificent Miss Bette Davis - whose birthday it would have been yesterday.

Miss Kim Carnes had the perfect tribute - a song that never fails to lift the spirits, and just what I need to wind down as I head off to bed...


Faboo.

Ruth Elizabeth "Bette" Davis (5th April 1908 – 6th October 1989)

6 comments:

  1. Yes... it was the ole battle ax's birthday. She was the three words this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Davis could never be summed up in three words... Jx

      Delete
  2. 'the ole battle ax' ?
    I will reply to that with her own words

    " I'm the nicest goddamn dame that ever lived. "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always the modest shrinking violet... Jx

      Delete
  3. Definitely one of my favourites! I grew up watching the Saturday/Sunday matinees on my own. I think Ms Davis informed my sense of drama!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty worse role models :-)

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]