Monday 28 December 2020

Kann's nicht immer so sein

It's that "bit-in-the-middle" again, dear reader. Nothing to do but hoover up all the excess food in the fridge and wash it down with alcohol - but some traditions remain.

On this Tacky Music Monday, how about a wake-up call from today's birthday girl, one of Germany's finest divas? An obvious inspiration to Danny La Rue in this clip, methinks - or was it the other way round?

Hildegard Knef (28th December 1925 – 1st February 2002)

Enjoy the week, dear reader - this damned year will all be over soon...

10 comments:

  1. Oh but Betty White is such a delight!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An icon. She will be 99 years old in a few weeks' time... Jx

      Delete
  2. If only Ms Knef had started that routine by growling "Wotcha mates!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to find Fraulein Knef's German version of On Mother Kelly's Doorstep. Jx

      Delete
  3. So that's what she looks like. It's not how I imagined her. (I mean she looks great, but you don't imagine her from the voice.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm... She didn't look like that all the time; I think she was merely playing a particular character. Jx

      Delete
  4. Jack Daniels on my cornflakes, now there's an idea.
    Well, this is very upbeat and honky-tonkyish [in the middle].
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Barman, I'll have a JD and Frosties, please. No ice." Jx

      Delete
  5. She is awesome !
    "I have been on the stage for, 25 Glorious years Ha ha !"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw her and Danny in the same room... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]