Saturday 8 July 2023

I wanna be free, yeah, to feel the way I feel


Our lovely Phlox "Blue Boy" [STOP PRESS: that photo is actually “Blue Paradise”] has bounced back from being battered by torrential downpours!

I'm having a verrrrry slow day today, dear reader. It's the first weekend in ages when we have nothing in particular on (it was Pride last weekend, a visit from Canadian cousins the weekend before that and The Mikado the Saturday prior), the weather's been stormy and humid, and I really caught up on much-needed sleep (I didn't surface till 1.45pm!)...

A perfect excuse (if any were needed) for something in the "light music" genre - another remarkable work by another of our "house bands":

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. That Phlox "Blue Boy" is STUNNING!!!!! And I hear ya with the weekend. I need a nothing to do weekend after the Pride month I had. Mostly just sittin around in the garden with some Pimms Cups as been the only labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Blue Boy" is at its bluest this year - it was a bit "washed-out" last year and the year before, but a load of plant food and TLC has paid dividends.

      I wish we could sit in the garden and enjoy the burgeoning blooms, but it's too wet and dank for all that. Hey, ho - the cider's flowing! Clink, clink, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  2. I should have been working out in the yard hours ago, but I just can't seem to get with it today. It is humid here too and I don't have any obligations to attend too. I love the Phlox 'Blue boy' as well and the Postmodern Jukebox is a fun band! I just discovered them not long ago myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the air is as thick as it is today, the best I can do - or want to do - is mong about in as few clothes as possible and do bugger all.

      PMJ has been a fave band of ours for many years (click the label at the foot of this post for more), and never fail to deliver! Jx

      Delete
  3. Stunning Blue Boy. Great music. I listened to it quietly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless. Nothing like a bit of Postmodern Jukebox to speed up your recovery! Jx

      Delete
  4. Love it, love it, love it !
    Have the 'The Puppini Sisters' covered it ?
    It would sound fab à la Andrews Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bizarrely, they don't appear to have done that song - not on any of their albums, anyhow. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]