Monday 17 July 2023

If I invite a boy some night to dine on my fine finnan haddie



Oh, buggeration! It's Monday again. After a good weekend, including a visit from Mother - and decent enough weather to take her on a tour of the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers - I am not ready for all this.

Never mind, to cheer us up on this Tacky Music Monday, we have fur coats! Sequins! Luxury! Safety gays!

...and Mary Martin singing the filthy lyrics of My Heart Belongs to Daddy:


While tearing off a game of golf
I may make a play for the caddy
But when I do, I don’t follow through
‘cause my heart belongs to Daddy.

If I invite a boy some night
To dine on my fine finnan haddie
I just adore his asking for more
But my heart belongs to Daddy

Yes my heart belongs to Daddy
So I simply couldn’t be bad
Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
Da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da
So I want to warn you, laddie
Though I know you’re perfectly swell
But my heart belongs to Daddy
'cause my Daddy he treats it so well

There was a dame that at a football game
Made long for the strong undergraddie
I never dream of making the team
'cause my heart belongs to Daddy

Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
So I simply couldn’t be bad
Yes, my heart belongs to Daddy
Da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da
So I want to warn you, laddie
Though I know you’re perfectly swell
That my heart belongs to Daddy
'cause my Daddy, he treats it so well


Far better than thinking about work!

Have a good week, dear reader.

14 comments:

  1. Dining on Mary Martin's 'fine finnan haddie' would leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Monday. Be happy that you're having decent weather!!
    It's been awful here!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather wasn't brilliant - Friday we had torrential rain, and Saturday and Sunday gale force winds - but there was a "window of opportunity" while Mother was at the flat to get her into the garden and take some photos. Jx

      Delete
  3. Ill have a boy here this week dinning on my fine finnan haddie...so that should help this week improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope whatever he's coming to dine on doesn't smell like smoked haddock. Jx

      Delete
    2. I've had a few of those over the years. Jx

      Delete
  4. I see you've taken up the challenge where Madam Arcati said, "You have surpassed yourself in tackiness."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure "you ain't seen nothing yet"! Jx

      Delete
  5. I'll just leave quietly..."b-b-b-b-baby, you aint seen nothin' yet"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Nothin' yet, you ain't been around
      That's what she told me"


      Jx

      Delete
  6. My heart belongs to whoever picks up the check. Oh, waiter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure you mean "heart"? 😂 Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]